I was gifted this tank but it came without a power socket, I need the right kind of fitting to connect it to the power source

enter image description here

  • 1
    Does it have a label on it saying what voltage/current it takes? – ThreePhaseEel Aug 7 '16 at 15:24

That is a socket.

Looks like a standard barrel connector.

There should then be a plugpack/wall wart that plugs into the mains with a matching barrel plug on it's lead.

Most will have that type of connector or swappable tips, including that one. It is by far the most common type and typically positive on the pin, negative on the outer ring.

You need to figure out the voltage and current draw though. Check for a label on the light, if there is an actual globe there may be markings for power and voltage.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.