Our microwave is installed into a hood above the oven which also has a light and fan. The microwave suddenly turned off. When I test the microwave in another outlet it is fine. When I test a radio in the outlet built into the hood it does NOT work. Checked the breakers in the basement and it is ok. Reset it just in case, but no dice.
The fan and light in the hood are still working.
Above the hood in the cupboard is the fan enclosed in a very difficult to open metal box. I had serviced the fan a year ago and noticed a fuse up in there. I assumed it was for the fan.... but, before I go through the nightmare of opening that box again - is it possible for that fuse in the hood to be for the microwave's plug only? If so, our problem might be as simple as that fuse, otherwise I'm at a loss.
Thank you kindly.