I have a hole in my wall which is about 300x300mm, approx. 30mm deep going back to thermalite block. I only have experience with smaller patching-up jobs, so I'm unsure how to approach it.

My instinct is to use a piece of plasterboard, somehow attaching it to the thermalite, filling in the gap with plaster mix, then using plaster tape and smoothing with another layer of plaster mix. Is this the right approach?

If this is right, what should I use to adhere the plaster board to the thermalite?


1 Answer 1


I'm from the US, so I'm not familiar with them either, but on page 42 and 45 of the Forterra product spec sheet it mentions plasterboard being adhered on dabs... which means using materials and methods like the ones found here:


  • That's some great detective work! Thanks very much, I wouldn't have thought about checking the product spec sheet.
    – Jon Cairns
    Aug 1, 2016 at 22:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.