I have a fairly old hairdryer, this morning one of the wires going into the plug frayed enough to cause one of the wires to burn up. I love this hairdryer and it should be a very easy fix. I just have a few questions.
The previous plug on this hairdryer was a GFCI plug on the end of the cable (it had test and reset buttons), but no ground pin for the outlet. Thus, only two conductors come out of the hairdryer itself. The old GFCI plug assembly is brittle and has some cracks in it so I'd like to replace it in the process.
Can I safely use something like this and leave the ground pin inside the plug assembly unconnected?