I have a drain pipe for my 2001 camper, that goes through the bottom of the camper. Attached to the bottom of the plastic hose is a threaded female adapter that rotates 360 degrees:

Leaky There is a small drip drip leaky that is coming from the adapter. If I push up on it, the water comes out as a steady stream. I'm not sure how the metal is attached to the plastic, but I'm assuming that i just need to cut the plastic above the clamp? and purchase a new metal adapter. I just have no idea, what that adapter would be called, and where to purchase it, and if there is a better way of taking the old one off, besides hacksawing the plastic pipe above the clamp?


  • I can't quite tell from this photo, but it doesn't look like PVC. As best as you can tell, what kind of plastic tubing is it? Jun 29 '16 at 12:03
  • @BrownRedHawk It's the original tubing that came with my camper 15 years ago... so whatever that would be...
    – Daryl
    Jun 29 '16 at 12:06
  • Since this plastic tube has a crimp style clamp, I'd just take it apart and replace that with an adjustable stainless steel hose clamp. These are tightened with a screwdriver or nut driver.
    – Tyson
    Jun 29 '16 at 12:46

This was a standard 3/4" pipe. I was able to cut it off, and shark bite a new piece on.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.