I'm sorry for this very basic question but I know that plumbers deal with pipes, electricians deal with wiring, etc. but what is the name of the kind of sub-contractor that can cut a make a pass through window in a wall that the kitchen and living share? A carpenter?

1 Answer 1


If the wall you are dealing with has electrical and plumbing then you need a general contractor, who may sub out some parts of the job as needed to get the right specialties.

If it's just the wall w/ no wiring or plumbing then generally you need a carpenter and a finish carpenter or someone who does both.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.