So, I'm trying to find the studs in an exterior wall. The following techniques have all failed:
- Running a stud-finder over the wall just produces "lost calibration" beeping after a few inches of movement.
- Tapping doesn't produce any changes in sound or feel over several feet of wall.
- Running a magnet along the wall at various heights doesn't produce any results.
- Waving a non-contact thermometer at close range doesn't show any reveal any patterns in the temperature variation.
- Measuring off 16" from a known stud and drilling just hits air.
Anything else I can try?