I need to know what type of connector, adapter or tubing I need to connect the fridge to the water line with this type of valve: white plastic with a blue shut off valve:

Blue shutoff valve

(Source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00PFTFV8W?pc_redir=T1)

  • Why do you want a shutoff valve to your fridge's water/ice maker? May 20, 2016 at 12:04
  • relevant? May 20, 2016 at 12:09
  • @DanielGriscom so you can replace/repair/move the fridge without turning off the main water shutoff.
    – Tester101
    May 20, 2016 at 12:30

1 Answer 1


You'll want something like this Pex 25-Foot Ice Maker Connector, which uses 1/4" compression fittings at each end.

enter image description here

Except you won't use the compression nut, instead you'll just push the end of the tube into the push connector on the valve.

  • When I purchased the connection as shown I came to find out the push connector is 3/8" and the fridge is 1/4". Is there an adapter?
    – user54166
    May 23, 2016 at 4:07
  • Probably. You should be able to find something at the local plumbing supply, hardware, or big box store.
    – Tester101
    May 23, 2016 at 10:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.