I do not know the name of the hardware that I need to remove, please see the picture below. The brass like colored piece is stuck there really well. I have tried with a screwdriver, I pushed with a hammer...no results.

I need to remove it and to somehow recover the functionality of this casement window operator which stopped functioning because this thing was loose and it was coming out. I guess the thread is gone

enter image description here

Edit: it seems that this is what I need (Universal Adjustable Angle Grinder Pin Wrench) enter image description here

Edit2: they are quite expensive, here isone that you can make yourself, provided that you have the right size for the rod

enter image description here

  • Ate you sure it is meant to come out like a screw at all? May 15, 2016 at 12:13
  • yes because it used to. Because the thread is gone it did not went straight and that is the reason why it is stucked
    – MiniMe
    May 15, 2016 at 12:17

1 Answer 1


the tool you need is called a pin spanner


  • 1
    let's keep the conversation civil, please.
    – Tester101
    May 17, 2016 at 15:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.