So I am about to Drylok my basement to treat old cinder blocks with a hint of moisture. I have the old asbestos tiles on the floor. I know the dangers of removing these. Basically all of the tiles along the wall have popped up due to moisture. So I have the bare slab meeting the wall at the base.

Should I Drylok down to the slab and a couple inches over, or is there some kind of masonry caulk to put down where the slab meets the wall?


The waterproofing material's spec sheet will tell you how wide of cracks it's designed to accommodate. That should be your guide. If your joints are wider than that, move to a caulk. If they're extremely wide (over 3/8" or so), consider a rope caulk or a masonry patch product as support for the sealer product.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.