The typical way of doing a concrete patio floor is to excavate soil at least 9", pour & compact gravel, then pour concrete.
I was wondering, what will happen if:
- Excavate post holes, past the frost line, in each corner of the planned concrete floor.
- Set rebars vertically in the holes
- Add horizontal rebars "connecting" the posts rebars.
- Add some more rebars, forming a "mesh"
- Set the concrete form (2x4's)
- Pour concrete, level and seal.
Basically, a concrete slab sitting on top of soil, with post foundations.
Will the concrete floor shift in level in no time? Will the ground crack and break it sooner than later? I live in Canada (Southern Ontario) where the ground goes through a freezing cycle.