I am wondering if it can take a full day of work to turn around AC unit like in this post .
You probably can't do it yourself, but an HVAC technician likely could. Moving the unit likely requires:
- Evacuating the refrigerant
- Reconfigure (and potentially rerun) the line sets.
- Reconfigure (and potentially rerun) electrical.
- Physically moving the unit.
- Charging the system back up with refrigerant.
You could probably do number 4, and maybe number 2 & 3 if you have plumbing and electrical skills. It's doubtful that you have the tools and training required to do numbers 1 and 5.
Also, see my updated answer to that question, that explains why you might not want to rotate the unit.