I have a built-in wardrobe without internal panels. I am planning to add some panels in it.

I bought 18 mm furniture panels with melamine coated.

How can I attach a horizontal panel to a vertical panel (T-Joint) ?

Should I used some wood plugs ?

| improve this question | | | | |

The usual method is to use a jig to drill rows of holes,

enter image description here

then use plastic clips that press into the holes and support the shelf.

enter image description here

There are many variations, including metal versions, some including holes for screws.

You could use dowels but that would look slightly less neat perhaps.

| improve this answer | | | | |
  • Thanks very useful any idea where can I buy these ? – Jay Apr 27 '16 at 13:13
  • Shorts might do them ... but they are local to me. That's probably why shopping questions don't fare well on stackexchange websites. Try your local large national-chain DIY store. – RedGrittyBrick Apr 27 '16 at 13:15
  • The shelf supports are very common; the jig less so, but you can do without if you're precise in your drilling. – Daniel Griscom Apr 27 '16 at 14:30
  • do a search for "shelf pins" on Amazon, tons of different types. You can also check out shelf pilasters and clips if you haven't assembled the panels yet. – DrewJordan Apr 27 '16 at 15:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.