I replaced an old FPE sub panel that has no ground wire with the feed. The main panel is a new 200 amp with a 100 amp breaker feeding the sub. The wire is #2 copper ( 2 hots and one neutral in 1 1/4" EMT conduit). I ran a separate ground wire #6 copper back to the main service. My question is can I connect to the ground rod or do I have to connect to the main ground bus inside the panel?
- Separate the neutral and grounding bars in the second panel.
- Connect the neutral feeder to the neutral bar
- Connect the grounding feeder to the grounding bar.
- Connect one end of the grounding electrode conductor to the grounding electrode (ground rod).
- Connect the other end of the grounding electrode conductor to the grounding bar in the panel.
- Connect each ungrounded (hot) conductor to the main lugs.