This "spring loaded roller door latch" is old and not very effective. I'm trying to replace it but all my searches for those keywords turn up nothing like this. I also can't find a manufacturer name on the door. Questions:

  1. Can this be repaired or is replace the best option? (If repair possible then how?)
  2. If it needs to be replaced what do I search for to find the replacement?

enter image description here enter image description here

1 Answer 1


You were close with your search term, but try searching, "roller catch". You'll find a ton of choices.

(edit to add a couple of thoughts...)

Regarding repair versus replace: it's impossible at this distance to know, but replace usually is more predictable. (And in this case, probably not too expensive.)

And as a general rule, when I'm searching for something that I know exists, but I can't name it, I use google image search. Start with something similar, like "ball catch", and after a few pages of images, you'll probably see something like what you're really searching for. Then a few iterations later, you'll have found the most common name for the thing you're actually looking for.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.