I have parging above the window, nothing to tuck a channel under. What is the product to use to add flashing to the top of the window in this case?

  • What sort of window?
    – isherwood
    Commented Apr 8, 2016 at 19:29

1 Answer 1


If I understand this correctly, you need a way to connect the flashing to the parging. I would advise studying the way that chimney apron flashing is attached to chimneys. In short, (maybe call a contractor to) cut a 1/2" deep groove (aka kerf or riglet) in the parging to insert the flashing. Use window and door flashing tape (aka double stick) and silcone to adhere the flashing.

If you hare having trouble attaching the flashing to the window or something, then (maybe upload a picture and) describe the problem more specifically.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.