Is it possible to take a regular submersible pump with a garden hose-sized line, and introduce it into a larger diameter line so that I may pull larger material from the water source? I'm thinking of some kind of jet pump type hybrid?

  • 1
    In theory, yes (if it's a powerful pump). In reality, probably not, unless you're only hoping to get the larger bulk of water to move without a lot of force. An experiment would probably be the best test. Q: what's the application? – Daniel Griscom Mar 29 '16 at 1:38

Only if it's a Dirty Water Pump. But, it won't pump any more volume than it does now & a bigger hose won't mean anything if the hose's mount isn't replaced with something bigger too.

  • Agreed. If the OP wants to "pull larger material from the water source" and not have it clog, they need a trash pump. – Mazura Jun 27 '16 at 4:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.