Original switch was a mechanical wall mounted (plugs into an electrical outlet) push button switch (3 buttons for each of 3 speeds, 1 button for the light, one off button and one slide switch for reverse and forward.
Ceiling fan has 5 wires plus a ground. The wires from the fan/light are as follows:
- Red to left side of capacitor
- White to right side of capacitor
- Blue is connected directly to blue from power supply wire
- Grey & black are joined and then connect directly to black on power supply wire
- Green is directly connected to green ground on power supply wire
- Red from power supply wire is connected to right side of capacitor
- White from power supply wire is connected to left side of capacitor
I need to connect to this a remote receiver (to be connected to the fan) the receiver has a hot and neutral in and 3 wires (Fan, light and neutral) out.