I need to fix a panel and this is exactly what I need but i don't know what its called. Can someone help me out?



The tool being used in the video is a Power Planer:

enter image description here

The are normally used on wood to do the same job as hand plane, but they can be used on soft metal like aluminum.

I also found this website which talks about using the tool to clean up the edge of an aluminum panel. I've never seen this tool used on metal before your question, so I can't tell you much about it. It seems to me it would ruin the planar knives pretty quickly.

Also, planers like this are only designed to remove at most a 1/16th of an inch of material, and I'm not sure what the max would be on aluminum.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Depending on exactly what you're doing, sandpaper and a good sanding block, or a belt sander, might do a better job. – keshlam Mar 18 '16 at 23:48
  • 1
    Time for some serious ear protection. – Daniel Griscom Mar 19 '16 at 15:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.