What's the simplest path for me to fix this? Is it possible for me to order a new "cap" somehow or do I need to replace the whole switch plate?

Thanks in advance!

Photo of switch

2 Answers 2


Google search:

Split Replacement Knob Lutron (aka Skylark)

  • It appears to be model # 28051027.
    – bib
    Mar 11, 2016 at 15:05
  • Fantastic find, going above and beyond on that answer! And to take nothing away from that... With shipping/handling, it may be wiser to put the money toward a newer, more stylish and less fragile dimmer, maybe an electronic one that supports features you might desire. Mar 11, 2016 at 21:09
  • My preference are Decora style with the tiny slider switch on the side. There's no button that can fall off those.
    – Mazura
    Mar 11, 2016 at 22:47

Take your photo to home depot. They'll show you the switch with the cap. Then, in home depot, because it has wifi, using the brand and model to find just the cap online. Either buy the switch there or order the cap online.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.