I am facing very strange issue in my power meter & wiring. i am residing in Group society. following is my setup.
- electricity digital Meter is installed at bottom with a circuit breaker out of my house.
- i have ELCB installed which acts as circuit breaker for electricity of my house
- and other small MCBs are installed for regular electricity.
- some MCBs are installed for high-Power switches which are actually for ACs and Geysers.
5) i have relay switch installed in main circuit box which switch between Main power and Gen-set power(in time of power cut), so high-Power switches ( point 4 above) are not relayed , they directly get power from phase as high-Power switches are not connected to Gen-set.
issue i am facing.
- ELCB is always tripping when connected to home wiring. so my electrician has separated that from ELCB and now ElCB only controlling high-Power switches & it does not trip.
- if i switch off the all MCbs and ELCB my power meter show that i have consumed some electricity. 3 units in 12 hours, which is huge.
- if i switch off the circuit breaker which is installed with meter (point 1 on top) at outside of my house. then meter stops and does not show any units.
I called electrician he is unable to find the fault :(
why it consume power when all the MCBs are down? also how can i troubleshoot why it trips? i will share the picture of meter later.