I have stainless steel drinking water tank that is leaking from the weldings (few pin holes).

What is the best way to stop these leaks, without draining the tank? Welding could be option but I have no access to it.

Does some kind of adhesive exist that could be applied to wet surface?


I would suggest using a product called "Sealsall". You can get it at any hardware store. This stuff is easy to use, Dry the seam as best as you can, then just apply some to the leaking seam before it gets too wet again. Try not to get it on your fingers as it will take a week to get it off!! Sealsall dries clear and should be good for years. I have used it on everything from a canoe bottom, car gas tank, to hot tubs with success. Good Luck

  • Hi. Is this the stuff you have in mind? I'm in India, and have a similar problem. Feb 2 '12 at 16:49
  • @shirlockhomes Can you answer this question?
    – Tester101
    Jun 11 '15 at 10:15
  • Is the brand you're talking about Seal-All?
    – Doresoom
    Jun 11 '15 at 17:07

JBweld's WaterWeld epoxy works wet, and can be used for potable water tanks. http://www.jbweld.com/products/waterweld-epoxy-putty

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.