Is there a standard screw for tub overflow elbows? Or most popular? I am installing a new tub and looking for a overflow elbow with a screw pattern that will lend itself to a stylish overflow now, and replacement parts for when it gets rusty and grimy down the road.

I've included a picture of a one-screw overflow and two-screw that I have available to me.

enter image description here


Get the 2 hole one; it'll work for those, and single screw overflows almost always come with a bridging plate.

  • If you do not want to decide which faucet set to buy until later. I would go with Aloysius on this one. – ArchonOSX Apr 20 '16 at 8:38

I would use whichever fits the hole in the tub better. Note that the 2 hole elbow is a bit larger and may cover better.


Actually, the only standard is what your bath faucet, knob, overflow & drain (maybe showerhead too, but who buys those they're always the worst clean out the warehouse afterthoughts) ensemble is. The manufacturer of whatever you buy should include its own overflow & drain. If you already have it & it doesn't have these for some reason, then either is fine & just depends on what's available at the store.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.