We live in a block of apartments made from bricks, and the wall outside one window is damaged. We have a clothes hanger attached to that wall, and one screw has already fallen off, and wall around the second one on that side is cracked.

Damaged Wall

Is there an easy way to fix it, considering the fact, I have no experience with such things? What materials or tools do I need for this?

  • I can't tell from the picture -- is the building made of concrete block? That doesn't look like brick. Aug 19, 2011 at 19:46
  • well now I'm not sure.. I was pretty sure it was bricks, but now I don't know, we live here short time and there are neighbours who say brick, and ones who say concrete.
    – Teo.sk
    Aug 25, 2011 at 20:13
  • 1
    Looks like stucco over brick maybe. Oct 5, 2011 at 22:52

1 Answer 1


The only appropriate answer is that you need to get your landlord involved. The fix involves stucco, primer, paint, etc.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.