We recently had a toilet overflow a bit. There was a small amount of waste in the water. The bathroom itself has tile floors, but the toilet is right next to a very thin wall. The room on the other side of that wall has hardwood floors.
We cleaned and disinfected the bathroom floor and immediately used towels to soak up most of the water, but the water made it to the molding/trim in the bathroom. Over the next couple of hours, we noticed a slight amount of cupping on the wooden floor next to the bathroom.
Do I need professionals to come out and figure this thing out? I'm worried about sanitation and mold, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg if this is really not an issue. There has not been any visible damage on the ceiling of the level below this.
Here are some pics...
I think the water got under the wooden floor in between the bathroom and the room.