I need to fix the tank of this kohler toilet -- It is slowly and constantly draining into the bowl (enough so that the city called about excessive water usage). I'd like to replace the parts inside the tank, and was wondering if these were pretty standard parts, or how I would determine exactly which replacement parts I need.enter image description here

  • Does the water valve come on periodically for a few seconds and stop, or does the valve leak a little water constantly (you can hear it)? – JPhi1618 Jan 12 '16 at 15:50
  • This is in a rental property so I haven't actually seen it myself, waiting to hear back. Out of curiosity, what difference does it make? – w.brian Jan 12 '16 at 20:06
  • Post a picture with the complete model number, it's stamped on the inside back of the tank but your pic doesn't reveal it. Anyhoo, you should find a good plumbing shop in the vicinity of the rental, remove the parts and take them down there. if you want to buy them before hand then the model # is needed. P.S. it's a rental, replace all the parts while you are there and save yourself another call out. – Jimmy Fix-it Jan 13 '16 at 5:56
  • The ballcock (fill valve) is manufactured by Fluidmaster for Kohler, but there are some special models. The flush lever and flush valve are special too. A good plumbing shop may have the stuff in stock. – Jimmy Fix-it Jan 13 '16 at 5:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.