I own a condo in Chicago and am facing water issues due to the single wythe use of split face block(SFB). My window sills were always wet so I pulled off the drywall and saw that the insulation and wood studs were right up against the SFB and were soaking wet.

This seems to be a pretty common issue in Chicago. Is the rain screen as described here my only option? Is there anything else I can consider?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.