There is currently no furniture in the first floor. So before filling up the first floor with furniture I am wondering if I should refinish the floors.
Three of the four floors are 20+ years old. I believe they the wood is white oak. Below are some pictures for reference. There is no noticeable gouges The floor is yellowed a bit.
White Oak Hardwood
White Oak Hardwood floor close up
The fourth floor I believe is red oak. I am not too sure if the floor has been strained to match the kitchen cabinets. There is noticeable wear and tear. The floor is almost 10 years old.
Red Oak Hardwood
Red Oak Hardwood with some wear and tear
- How many coats of polyurethane should be used 2 or 3 coats?
- Is oil base or water base polyurethane the best options?
Note: There is lot of infomation on the web, mostly to intend to sell products. Thus seeking a non commercial response.
- How can I transition between rooms when refinishing hardwood floors?
- What is the recommended technique for refinishing hardwood floors?
- Maintaining and Recoating Polyurethane Wood Floors
- How many coats of polyurethane for hardwood floors
- How many coats of oil poly?
- Hardwood Flooring Colors - Species, Pictures & Properties
- American Hardwoods
- What is the difference between red oak and white oak hardwood?