I saw it on a folding table I'm planning on copying.. It looks pretty thick- see the couple pictures below;

pic 1

pic 2

Cheers guys and gals!


I know it as a butler's tray hinge, or drop-leaf hinge.

| improve this answer | |

I believe it's called a leaf hinge.

| improve this answer | |
  • Nearly all hinges are leaf hinges. This question calls for a more specific answer. – isherwood Dec 21 '15 at 16:24

Butlers hinge because they are usually found on the serving tray that your butler would serve tea and Twinkies on. The hinges are unique in that they allow the edges of the tray when folded down to be flush with the tray surface.

| improve this answer | |

Woodcraft has them. They call them table hinges.

| improve this answer | |
  • Possibly provide a link? – Speedy Petey Dec 21 '15 at 23:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.