For the last two years (since we have been in this house) the pool has leaked - at about twice the standard evaporation rate.
Three different pool leak detection companies have been here since.
One said it was the skimmer. He re-did all the concrete around the skimmer...but $1,000 later - no difference in the leak. Another company came out, just could not figure it out. Another one sealed some cracks after doing the ink test but said there was nothing major found...
Now, just last week, it went down two feet in 2 days (24 inches).
I stopped filling it and the pump has been off. It's continuing to leak. It's been 12 days, the pool is now only 1/3 full! (The stairs are no longer under water and the deep end looks less than 4 feet full).
- What could cause such a drastic leak, in such a short amount of time - out of nowhere?
- Do I have time to fix it, or is it something that needs to be figured out right away, since the pool does not have water in it?
- I don't see any major cracks. Does this point to something with the plumbing vs. the pool itself?
This is an in ground, small to medium size pool in the back yard.
- Currently, the water is now only ~3 feet at deep end. ~60% of pool empty.
- Adding pictures soon.
- Does the drain at the very bottom, meet up with the same line as the skimmer at the top of the pool?
Pool contractor came out and gave us this estimate, does this seem right?