I'm considering a dual-track wall shelf system for our living room:

enter image description here

(Photo from Home Depot/Rubbermaid)

I'd also like to hang a few things from the tracks other than shelves. For example, I'd like to hang some ikea cabinets, as well as some vertical plywood for a TV mount.

To do so, I'd like to find some brackets that can be attached to the back of an object and then clipped into the track. Essentially, just the back 1" or so of your standard shelf bracket flared out with screw holes to mount it to a cabinet.

Do such things exist, and, if so, what are they called? I've tried searching for terms such as "dual track cabinet mount" but not having any luck.

  • There may be solutions offered, but be very careful of the weight and strain you put on those tracks (often called standards). If the tracks are not firmly screwed into studs, do not even consider hanging things like cabinets. Whether they could hold TV mounts depends on the type of mount and the weight of the TV. – bib Dec 4 '15 at 15:55
  • @bib yep. They'll be secured to studs, for sure. – DA01 Dec 4 '15 at 16:21

Brackets of the type you want are made. Specifically designed for supporting wall mounted cupboards, white boards, panels etc.

enter image description here

These were spotted in a UK web site for SPUR Shelving. You would have to check if the slot height and spacing on SPUR products matches those of the particular twin slot standards that you are considering.

|improve this answer|||||
  • This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Doesn't look like there's a standard name for this, though. Worse case, I'll order from over the pond. Thanks! – DA01 Dec 4 '15 at 16:20
  • @DA01 - Make sure that your twin slot rails have a slot pitch of 1.25 inches so you could use these adapter plates. – Michael Karas Dec 4 '15 at 22:23

If you modify the opening of the wall piece you could use this:

enter image description here

But you would need to be sure of the objects exact location and adjusting the location would require more modification.

|improve this answer|||||
  • Interesting, but modifying the wall piece kind of defeats the purpose of the modular system. Odd that these aren't a 'thing'. – DA01 Dec 4 '15 at 4:29

here is where you find anything you need


|improve this answer|||||
  • Those aren't for dual track systems – DA01 Dec 5 '15 at 0:34
  • sorry. just kind of missed that – personal privacy advocate Dec 5 '15 at 4:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.