A bit embarrassed asking this, but... I'm trying to replace a leaking valve off my faucet assembly, but am unable to unscrew the faucet cap. Here is the faucet assembly - Taboret® widespread lavatory faucet - K-8211-4

enter image description here


When you go to product site check out the "for owners" tab and open the second installation and care guide. On page 2, it shows the handle itself unscrewing so you can replace the red or blue color rings. Start opening it up there and see if you can work your way down to screw 55431 which is holding down the rest of the faucet to the valve.

faucet assembly

Upper handle assembly

Upper Handle Assembly

Lower handle assembly

enter image description here

  • Great! Thanks for taking the time out with the schematics. – rs79 Jul 28 '11 at 12:54
  • The schematics credit goes to @Tester101. Wish I could give you a +1 for that. – BMitch Jul 28 '11 at 14:08
  • 3
    Just thought it would be easier if the info was all in one place. And if the documents are ever moved or changed, the information still lives on here. – Tester101 Jul 28 '11 at 15:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.