I have a new fence built from pressure-treated wood. We did not get around to staining it this fall and the temperatures are now in the 40s. Is it better just to wait until next year or should I attempt to stain it anyway? Which is the better of two less than ideal options?
I live in SW Pennsylvania with wet winters and humid summers, so the fence will be experiencing a lot of varied weather until conditions are good for doing the job properly. Its possible that we'll get a week back up in the high 40 or low 50s before Christmas, and I can take time off whenever to get the job done.