Alrighty - I am working on a home project. I know SOME electrical engineering as I have a masters in physics.
I am wanting to install a LED dimmer in my home. The LED dimmer I have found online includes a cool touch screen but works off of DC (http://www.ebay.de/itm/Glas-LED-Dimmer-Controller-fur-Wandeinbau-Wanddimmer-Touch-Panel-Schalter-12-24V-/291127098585?var=&hash=item43c886fcd9:m:mu06bDYAOhxGBEV9J_LNM_g)
- Voltage: 12-24V DC
- Power : max . 8A
- Power: max . 96W ( 12V ) / 192W ( at 24V )
- Dimensions LxWxH [ mm ] : approx 86.6 x 86 x 36.5
- Operating temperature: -20 ° C to 60 ° C
- Material: polycarbonate / plastic
- Control via touch panel
Now to work with AC I know I need a transformer. I looked at something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110V-220V-TO-DC-12V-Regulated-Transformer-Power-Supply-For-LED-Strip-Light-/261470580279
- Input Voltage: AC 110V/220V ± 20% 47/63Hz
- Output Voltage: 12V DC
- Output Current: 5A
- Working Temperature: 0~40℃
I live in Germany (220 V), and want to dim an IKEA light fixture that has 3 x 6 Watt bulbs with this dimmer. Will this work?