I am ordering my pex parts and am wondering what standard tub/shower valves use on the adapter. Male or female? 1/2" or 3/4" size? I'd prefer a reputable brand but it looks like the adapters vary...


(USA - likely different in places that use other thread forms, of course) The valve is usually 1/2" FIPT, so the PEX adapter you'd need would be a 1/2" MIPT (and at the showerhead end you'll want a PEX - 1/2" FIPT Drop Ear Elbow so you can affix the shower arm attachment to the framing.)

Of course, you could actually buy a particular shower valve and know for sure.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.