The other day, we found some water on the floor in our utility room. After some research and investigation, we discovered that the drain pipe from the central air unit was blocked. We were able to use a vacuum to unplug the drain line, and since then it has drained normally.
However in the meantime, we had some water on the floor, some in the blower compartment of the AC unit, and a lot of standing water in the condensation pan in the unit. We have had some bad experiences with water damage and mold in the past so I wanted to ask:
- Do we need to be concerned about the water that leaked from the catch pan into the blower compartment?
- Should we try to wash out/bleach the pan or anything? (It is very hard to get to!)
- Should we have an HVAC tech come look at the unit/blower to check for damage?
- Should we do anything special to prevent mold growth?
- Is it worth it to have our ducts cleaned?