I was using a microwave at work the other day and it's quite small, I was putting something in there with both hands and my right hand brushed against the section that is usually on the right that houses the light panel and has all the holes in it to allow the light through; when my hand touched said area I got a small electric (static?) shock.
Why is this? Is this just caused the same way you get static shocks from other things sometimes?
Also, I'm not sure if this applies but could it be because I wasn't "grounded" - the microwave is quite high up (on top of a fridge) and I had to stand on a plastic milk carton to use it.