I am looking for a strap mount bracket. I have seen them on products but I need to buy one for a home project and can't find one for sale, probably because I don't know what it is called.

The bracket is made from an 1/8 inch round stock, it is about 2 inches (or shorter) and raised slightly. It mounts to a flat surface like wood or metal. A strap goes through and swings back around. Generally used when applying 5 or 10 pounds holding power, where the strap will be loosed and re-tightened occasionally.


  • So, it screws to wood or metal and then the straps hold another object to the bracket? Like a fire extinguisher bracket ?
    – JPhi1618
    Oct 15, 2015 at 13:55
  • Kind of, it attaches to wood or metal, the strap goes through and then you tighten the strap. When the size of the load is variable it allows for easy adjustment. I wish I could remember where I have seen it used so I could find a picture of it in use. Oct 15, 2015 at 15:00
  • You talking about a nylon strap? What have you seen them holding in the past?
    – JPhi1618
    Oct 15, 2015 at 15:04
  • Yes a nylon strap, I just remember the bracket, I have a perfect picture of it in my mind, but can't remember what it was on. I have been searching google without finding it. Oct 15, 2015 at 15:06
  • How about this or this ?
    – JPhi1618
    Oct 15, 2015 at 15:06

1 Answer 1


I think what you want is a "strap loop". On at least one site it seems to be called a footman loop.


enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.