enter image description heredont know what these fasteners are or how to remove them. Some kind of bolt i think.

Bolt head is totally smooth and round. Screws into a circular receptical with a tiny circular divit. Can't figure out what tool could get any traction on either the head or the receptical.

enter image description here

  • A photo would be helpful
    – Tester101
    Oct 11, 2015 at 18:43
  • Ah yes of course
    – jason
    Oct 11, 2015 at 18:51
  • 6
    That is what is called a rivet.
    – Dan D.
    Oct 11, 2015 at 19:02

1 Answer 1


It's a rivet. You can drill it out with a metal twist drill, countersink, or countersink deburring bit.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.