I was wondering if any manufacturer makes bricks whose top is not flat but slightly slant to be used for window sill for water drainage. I have seen slant window sills made with regular bricks that seem set in mortar at an offset but I'd prefer if they came with a slant. Is there a name for slant bricks like that?

2 Answers 2


There may be a brick that has that shape already, but I have not seen any. If there were, they would be custom ordered. To match your brick you have in place would even be a taller order. Bricks made in one time of year under the same name will differ in color and texture to a degree from brick of the same name from the same company, just made at a different time.

If color difference it not that big of a deal, you may want to go in a different direction.

Cast stone sills come in a variety of colors, but typically mimic the color of Vermont or Indiana limestone. They can be tailor made to suit the space it occupies.

It looks like Glen Gery has a line of cast stone, perhaps ready to go. You may be able to order stock long lengths and cut to fit. They are usually made to order that I am aware of.

sill1 Sills2


You might be looking for "plinth stretchers". Some of our sills are made from these (UK). See for example special shaped bricks.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.