I have a wood countertop w/ dark water stain damage, I'm looking for ways to fix. I tried sanding and it just made the area around the stain lighter. enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


You'll either need to sand or scrape until you get to unstained wood, or try a bleaching product (oxalic acid is a common "wood bleach") to alter the color of the stained wood without removing it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.