Can someone help me out and let me know what these are called?

I'm looking on a DIY site to order one but can't work out what these are called to be able to find them.

As you can see in the picture, it's loosened over the years and now doesn't pull the door tight (it also looks broken to me as the bottom part is 'inside' the top - can someone confirm?), so I need to get a replacement.

enter image description here

  • Well, it's a spring catch of some sort. Try finding a manufacturer's name on it and contact them for advice.
    – keshlam
    Sep 20, 2015 at 16:29
  • Try sending a picture to the folks at Blane Window Hardware blainewindow.com/index.php. They have helped me identify parts in the past for windows / doors.
    – BrianK
    Sep 21, 2015 at 1:08
  • Can we get another picture... like of the other half of the latch? Is this for a sliding (screen) door? I'm thinking it's some kind of knuckle catch for a sliding screen door. Jun 29, 2016 at 15:49

2 Answers 2


I think it's a push latch or a push to close latch for sliding doors- like the one pictured below: enter image description here


It looks like an old style door catch. There are many different versions of these available. Too many to list. The most common are spring rollers and magnets. Home Improvement stores will have a bunch of different styles. Choose the one that works best for your application.

Common Name: Door Catch, Catch, Cabnet Catch, etc.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.