i want to run power to my shed but i can cover about 1/2 the distance from my panel to the shed by running wire through the house. I've got a bunch of regular 14-2 cable left over from a previous wiring job so rather than running the whole job in underground cable, i'd rather just buy outdoor cable for the part that's outdoor. just wondering if you know if this is allowed. I'd splice the lines together using a junction box.

1 Answer 1


There's no problem doing what you want, as long as the junction is in a dry location.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.