I have a lamp shaped like a boat that has 2 separate bulbs. Dim bulbs in the cabin and a regular 45w lamp in the sail. The switch rotates to turn on either cabin, lamp, or both in that order. I need to replace the switch but don't know what to search for.

  • 1
    That would be a "3 Way Rotary Switch, 4 Position (L1, L2, L1 L2, Off)."
    – Dan D.
    Sep 8 '15 at 4:10
  • Also known as a "2-circuit" switch. Sep 8 '15 at 4:14

What you want is a switch that looks as follows:

enter image description here

This particular unit comes with pigtail leads that make it easy to connect into the existing wiring in a light fixture.

The switching configuration is specified as:

Single Pole Triple Throw, OFF-ON(P)-ON(N)-ON(N+P)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.