I want to replace the stem of a frost-free (sillcock) valve; it appears to be 6in. I don't want to replace the whole thing, as it is in a difficult-to-access place. The valve wast installed about 15 yrs ago; I could not identify it by searching google images. The far end of the stem is not round; it appears vaguely triangular.

I am attaching my photos. The stem Valve body

I could not find any markings anywhere on the stem; the body of the valve has the UPC mark and characters L.T. above. The backflow protector is B.K. / Mueller, but I am not sure the rest is by Mueller as their sillcock stems (that I could find pictures of) look different.

Any advice on who might be the manufacturer of the valve would be much appreciated.


  • See this question (at least your sillcock is a bit more recent) and answers for some related info and at least one possible parts source (which might have some identification help as well, not sure) diy.stackexchange.com/questions/68933/…
    – Ecnerwal
    Sep 7, 2015 at 3:20
  • @Ecnerwal - Thanks! I sent a message to AZ Partsmaster. On the website I could only find stems for "regular" faucets (not frost-free "remote" ones), but certainly they are a reasonable place to ask.
    – Dmitri
    Sep 7, 2015 at 4:31

1 Answer 1


I was told that this is an old B.K., made in China and no longer manufactured, available until about a couple years ago (this would be around 2012-2013)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.