Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in.
Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
Briggs & Stratton Engine
Model #: 104M02-0010-F1
Parts List: PDF
Last worked one month ago.
Now, I pull and pull, but engine won't start (doesn't even sound like it tries)
This youtube video @ 2:53 is how my lawn mower sounds and acts. Later on the guy sprays some stuff into the engine and shows how it will start and cut off. My lawn mower won't even do that.
TL;DR: Aside from checking/changing the spark plug, is there anything else I can do or should I just figure out how to load the thing in my car and have it serviced?
Troubleshooting steps I've done:
- Drained the oil and put new SAE 30 in.
- Drained the fuel and put new fuel in (fresh from gas station).
- Watched a youtube video saying use 13/16 inch spark plug
- Looked up accessories for mower on Home Depot and was recommended 13/16 spark plug
- Purchased the spark plug and a 13/16 spark plug socket
- Tried to remove the spark plug with purchased socket and the socket was too damn big
- Much shakes fist, very frustration
- Plugged the spark plug wire back into spark plug and tried to start
- Pulled a few times and back at square one
More troubleshooting with DIY users help:
- I've verified blue spark by unscrewing the spark plug from the engine, stuck it back into the "lead" (the cable that was plugged into the spark plug), and pulled a few times.
I can turn it in for warranty but its heavy and I'd prefer to know how to fix this instead of having to lug it back to Home Depot and wait who knows how long for them to fix it. Next thing I'm going to do is see if I can at least get the socket right so I can check the spark plug. Local Home Depot does not sell the spark plug itself, gotta order it.
EDIT: while I was at home depot to get a new socket and some cleaner, the dude told me i needed to look at the spark plug in order to see which one it is. Turns out its an AUTOLITE 3924 in case anyone else needs to get one. Alts are the
Champion 5/8in RC12YC and the