I'm sorry if this is obvious to you guys but I'm really stumped. I recently purchased a Black & Decker PW1470TD

It came with a short clear rubber hose and I can't figure out what it is for. I couldn't find it in the manual either.

Clear rubber hose thingy

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me. Thank you guys.

  • Was it just in the box, or was it attached to something? This looks like the kind of tubing that might cover something tube-like that could be damaged in transit. Commented Aug 30, 2015 at 17:53
  • It was in the plastic bag along with the filter and other small parts so it couldnt be attached to anything. It looks like a spare if you ask me.
    – Kevin D.
    Commented Aug 30, 2015 at 22:47
  • 1
    It looks like something that might go into a bottle of soap. Is there a place to attach something to the bottom of the nozzle or handle? Commented Aug 31, 2015 at 2:23
  • Yep, apparently it was for the nozzle of the detergent holder! Thanks @KevinKrumwiede you can answer the question and I'll mark it best.
    – Kevin D.
    Commented Aug 31, 2015 at 4:18

1 Answer 1


As you've figured out, it's the suction tube for the detergent bottle.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.