I just installed a ceiling fan at my mother's house, and in hindsight, I think I might need to go back and re-do the wiring.
The ceiling fan came with a bracket that screws into the outlet box in the ceiling, then the instructions say to attach the fan motor itself to that bracket -- BEFORE doing the wiring. So, I did that, then attempted to do the wiring, attaching the white to white, blue to black, and ground to ground using the supplied wire nuts, however I ran into challenges getting what I felt was a good connection, since one wire was solid (and VERY stiff) and the other was stranded. The instructions then state to "gently" (ha) stuff the connected wires up into the outlet box.
The opening in the bracket that the wires are to pass through is no bigger than a quarter, and with the wiring already coming through that hole, inserting the wiring up into the ceiling was literally, impossible. So I left the wiring as close to the ceiling as possible but it's currently inside the fan housing, instead of in the ceiling outlet box.
So here are my two concerns:
1) I now realize, after researching, that code usually requires that the spliced wiring be inside the outlet box
2) I should have used more bare stranded wire than was stripped by the factory. I simply trusted the out of the box stripping of the wire, but there was less length of stranded wire exposed than there was solid supply wire.
The fan works fine, no dimming of the lights, or arcing sounds, or anything. But, to add to my concern about this, my mom's house uses fuses... to say nothing about AFCI or anything like that.
Should I just go back and re-do it? Or stop messing with it?