I have an old table with multiple leaves. When the leaves are in, on one end of the basic table, the leaf fits tightly. On the other end, no matter how you push it in, as soon as you let go, the end and the leaf pull away about 1/4".

Does anyone know of some kind of fastener I could mount underneath the inside edge of the table and the leaf to hold them together tighter?



What you want are called table locks


Not sure what the proper term is, but a 'toggle latch' or 'draw latch' would work well.

enter image description here

enter image description here

They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, materials, and finishes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.