My entrance door has glasses. I'm in need of replacing the glass part of the door. I need to know where to buy glasses?

  • In the US, I'd tell you to look in your phone book under "glass" -- there are stores which specialize in cut-to-order glass panes. – keshlam Aug 14 '15 at 2:24
  • If you don't know how to anyway, just call a glazier. – Mazura Aug 14 '15 at 13:55
  • See the meta discussion for more details on our "shopping" policy. – BMitch Aug 15 '15 at 19:05

Since you are on Stack Exchange, I can safely assume you have access to the internet. Use Google to search for 'Glass Store', and in its local search it should find some in your area. If it doesn't, go to any hardware store and ask if they can order glass or cut glass to fit. If they don't, ask them where you can go.

| improve this answer | |
  • if you can, you should measure the thickness of the glass so you can tell them what to use to match the original piece. It should probably also be tempered if it's on a door. – DrewJordan Aug 14 '15 at 12:32

It's true that a glass shop can help you, but be sure to let them know it's for a door. Building codes require better glass in doors, and even nearby windows. I don't recall if the right term is "safety", or "tempered", or what. The number of kinds of stronger, safer glass is rather surprising, so the glass experts can tell you what's right.

| improve this answer | |
  • It's tempered, although tempered glass is a type of 'safety' glass. Laminated glass is primarily used in windshields. Tempered is required in various places, including doors, in a building, and does two things: won't break as easily, and when it does, breaks into round-edged pieces so it won't cut as easily. – DrewJordan Aug 17 '15 at 12:20

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.